Nat's Blog

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Solar Twist

Today, October 4, 2009, I went to the Pulaski Day parade. Though it would have been any ordinary Sunday, when I compare this year to last year, and then the year before that, I can see exactly how my life has changed.

Thankfully, I have introspective people in my life who also like to walk down memory lane and compare and contrast these events we keep returning to.

As I thought about today, and last year, and the past few weeks I realized that since the end of summer 2008 entering the Fall season of this year I have come FULL CIRCLE. Events repeated themselves...ironically in a similar fashion...the Scranton NYC Boat Cruise, the Pulaski parade, re-turn trips to Eagle Lake and sitting in almost the same spot viewing what could have easily come off as looking like the same sunset. Events repeated themselves in an almost identical pattern...an identical cast and crew with variations in thought, feelings, and determinations.

When I returned home tonight, I saw how tremendous the moon looked. It was freakishly large, and then I thought of how the sun rises from a different vantage point each day as the seasons change. Due to the tilt of the earth's axis and how we twirl around the sun, the same cosmic bodies always appear different. The sunrise along the East River as my work ends in the CCU is never the same each morning....just like my milestones may be the same events...but pushing me on a clearly different course.

And so I must imply, as I re-start my blog again almost three years after my last entry, that life, regardless of its up and downs, is really like a dance...an incredible Solar Twist where we have to return again and again to the places we have been only to be able to go further from where we are. I have always believed that life moves in circles but only now do I understand how the circle gets larger and small in orbit so that even when we do come around again it is never the same. Sometimes we twist towards the light, and other times its shadows. Although we cannot control this constant movement of time, we can decide how large or small our circle could be. Hopefully not setting the stage for a major cosmic collision...(ouch!...it happens)...we can demand and determine, to a certain extent, whose orbit we want to overlap with.


Stay tuned for more written thoughts...it is about time I re-started this blogger. After all, life zips around in such an incredible fast pace that if I dont record some of it, it might just ball up into a fuzzy haze of craze. Here is to more milestones and getting it better and better each time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home