Nat's Blog

Friday, February 11, 2005

I just wanna sing a song with you

oh i've been thinking about napping for the past 1/2 hour or so as i've been typing up a paper. yesterday i had the BEST nap. it was so great and fulfilling. so now i want to experience that again, but if i try to hard, i know for a fact that it just wont happen again. like someone might knock on my door just as i hit that REM stage and then i'll be done for. with things like sleep, you can't force the experience. it just has to happen.

i can relate that to my night out last night. was gonna go to wilkes to club but i was on my feet for way too many hours at the hospital and didn't feel like driving out. so instead i went up to a local establishment here with my friends and we had such a silly ol time! im not sure where the energy to dance came from but it showed up. we expected nothing, and in return we had a great time :)

last night i ran into this dude who i was "talking" to four years ago. he once bought me a bouquet of roses and i can't even remember why he did that or what the occassion was. one weekend he ended up in jail! obviously things didn't really blossem after that. its so funny though to stop and sit back and ponder how differently life could have turned out. i shudder a little and realize that its better not to overthink that. and its cool that you can look back on some things and smile (or at least not cringe..hehe...no regrets here!).

so i flew over two major hurdles with my college career this past week and feel like things are alot more under control. and as far as the social-life aspect of things and all the drama that has occurred here, i have been reminded there are some things that ARE just completely out of our control. emotions are one of those things. so pick and chose your battles! seriously. life's too short and precious.



Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find, you and I collide
I'm quiet, you know
You make a first impression
I've found I'm scared to know
I'm always on your mind
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the stars refuse to shine
Out of the back you fall in time
I somehow find, you and I collide

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home