Nat's Blog

Monday, May 16, 2005

we should be outside with the birds and the flowers

Before I open up my arms and fall losing all control
Every dream inside my soul
Cuz' whose to worry if our hearts get torn
When that hurt gets thrown

Don't you notice life goes on.....


i think i see things blossoming in my friends life but i often miss it. Winter dissappears and like KABOOM the flowers shot out of the rhododendron as if it were spring forever. I think of this plant cluster fondly, not just for its beautiful pink, white, or purplish flowers but because its a plant of endurance but for it almost always perseveres in breakingout beyond the holds of ice storms and long cold winters. To see it in bloom, you have to be on target with the cyclical schedule of Mother Nature. I used to go to these botanical gardens at Oyster Bay with my folks in May and we'd always try really hard to catch them. I've been away these past few Mays in PA but sometimes you can still see the flowers in June in a few local cemetaries by my house.

This past semester it seems like people paired off as if they were lining up for Noah's Ark. Honestly, these spurts of blossomed bonds came without warning! I speak to these great people frequently, and it amazes me how from one day to another the status can change that if you blink, you miss it. Or maybe its that I don't really pay enough attention to those details and the closer connections happen on a more subliminal level, which just get revealed when the sun's alignment is just right. I'm fascinated as to how this works out, i've never been able to figure it out for myself i dont think, and one day I know they will all explain this transition to me...:)

And for the record, I'm saying this here because its the best place: Don't you find it strange that she looks alot like me?...same age, same sign, same haircolor, school background, clubbing... ahhthere'swaymoresimilaritiesinoticedandi'm notgoingintoit cause there are some uncanny things in life better left unexamined! don't think that i am not happy for you, because you gotta know it dude that i am. this is the way things work out in life. we need to go out and seek those roads meant for us. our paths crossed back on that stage at 47 W 20th St, and we both know we're better people cause of it. thats enough to make me think back and smile.

i'm leaving it at that for now since i'm about to go outside and cram my brain with Greek artist names and arterial blood gas patterns.

Keep it real...keep reelin it in ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home